Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Dancer of Stillness


In the wilderness I came across a dancer, dancing the dance of stillness...


Her fingers pointed to the moon in the Western sky that I did not see. I didn’t ask why.

She spoke
When there is no space there is no time. I was born and made it mind. I found everything I could bear to see. All of that, reality.

She pointed to the moon in the Western sky that I did not see. I didn’t ask why.

She spoke
Can you feel the light landing on the trees both day and night as you breathe?
 

She pointed to the moon in the Western sky. I looked into her eyes and found the Earth.

She spoke
The mind that tries has Death and Rebirth

I saw my shadow in the darkness and I sang to admit
The sky is empty but profoundly lit! 

And she danced along to the song of my stillness.

-Sean


No comments:

Post a Comment